Here’s my list for this most depressing month (what other month more reminds me of my impending loneliness, as I turn thirty in a few weeks and Valentine’s Day looms ever closer …) On a brighter note, let me know what you’re reading this month, or if you’ve read anything from my list!
Despite the shorter month I’m throwing in six books instead of my usual five, which I’m justifying base on the fact that I’ve always read a Mitch Albom novel in one day, so I don’t anticipate that one taking up much time, and I feel it’s fitting to spend the end of this month of love sobbing (as I always do with Albom’s books).
- Bridget Jones’s Diary (Helen Fielding)
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Helen Fielding)
- Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Helen Fielding)
- Bridget Jones’s Baby (Helen Fielding)
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Rachel Joyce) **
- The Time Keeper (Mitch Albom)
That’s right, I’m attempting the entire Bridget Jones series this month so I hope to god I don’t hate them because otherwise that’s going to make for a very tragic and forced read. I’ve only seen the first movie adaptation, although I can’t remember most of it, so it’ll be a fun little surprise!
** Library Book Club book of the month